Skip to main content

Welcome to AttyAid!

We provide intellectual property services including but not limited to trademark, patent, copyright, as well as IP negotiation and litigation. Our services are available in China, Philippines, Malaysia, and Myanmar. Please select a country to know more about our services.

« Back Blog Home

What legal remedies are available to IP holders whose rights have been infringed?

An IP owner may file a criminal, civil or administrative action for trade mark, copyright or patent infringement, unfair competition and/or other violations of the IP Code. The administrative action must be filed with the Bureau of Legal Affairs of the IPO (IPO-BLA) provided the amount of damages claimed is above PHP 200 000. A civil action may also be filed with the Regional Trial Court. A criminal action may be initiated by filing a complaint with the enforcement agencies or directly with the Office of the Prosecutor of the place where the infringement was committed.

Older post: What enforcement measures can be taken to prevent or stop IP infringement?
Newer post: What procedures must be followed to request handling of IP infringement?